Friday, 22 March 2013

Watch my words 01

Documenting a new hardware product, I need to line-up the screen design with the actual devices...the machine is run by a touchscreen-driven application. The engineers need exactitude to get the screen arrows pointing in just the right place.

So out comes the the beast is a prototype the slits are non-matching and the screens are for a couple of versions on. Fun.

However out pops a word. Bezel. I know it as the moveable ring on diving watches or the setting for a diamond. But it can also be used for the plastic rim round your iPad or monitor or tv. Suddenly the task seems a lot more fun.

But hang on what do you call the lip of the bezel?

No comments:

Post a Comment